Eldorado - Long time area rancher, Kathleen Crosby "Kat" St. Clair died Tuesday, June 5, 2012.
She was born October 12, 1923 to John Christie and Lillian Hannie Crosby. Kathleen was raised in Eldorado and on her grandparent's Middle Valley ranch in Schleicher County, Texas.  She was a 1945 graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and a lifelong Longhorn fan.
She met and married Eugene Christian "Gene" St. Clair in 1948 and they had one child, a daughter, Christie St. Clair.
Kathleen and Gene, a career USAF officer, traveled the world for thirty years until his retirement in 1977 when they returned to Schleicher County to live on the ranch that her grandparents, Gratten Christie and Cordelia Crosby, had homesteaded in 1901.
Kathleen's proudest accomplishment was that she was able to keep the ranch intact and to improve the land.  In 2002, the G.C.
Crosby Ranch was designated in the Texas Department of Agriculture's Texas Family Land Heritage Program as a registered Texas Century Ranch, having been a continuous working ranch operated through the same family for at least one hundred years.  Additionally, Kathleen continued to run livestock on University of Texas land that her family has leased since the mid-1930s.
Kathleen was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.  She is survived by her daughter, Christie, and numerous cousins on both sides of the border, including Eduardo Garza Crosby, Roberto Garza Crosby and Patricio Garza Crosby.
Additionally, she is survived by each of her long time ranch managers and trusted friends, Juan Muñoz, of Middle Valley and
John Nanny, of Barnhart and their respective extended families.
Kathleen loved her family, loved her friends, loved her land, loved her livestock, loved her life and loved a good laugh.  She will be greatly missed by those who were fortunate enough to have known her.
Her funeral service will be held Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM at St. James Episcopal Church in Fort McKavett .  In lieu of flowers her family requests that donations be made to the Volunteer Fire Departments of Fort McKavett, Eldorado, Sonora and/or Barnhart.