TOTAL LOSS — Elias Garcia looks on as volunteer firefighter Eusebio Esquivel works to extinguish the smoldering remains of the travel trailer where Garcia lived on Northfield Drive near the Eldorado Place Apartments. Authorities believe the fire began after Garcia fell asleep with a lit cigarette in his hand. Fortunately Garcia escaped from the trailer in time to avoid injuries. The blaze was reported to the 9-1-1 dispatcher at 3:45 p.m. on Sunday, March 17th. By the time firefighters arrived the trailer was a total loss.              — PHOTO BY KATHY MANKIN